Redford Club Directory

Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

The Anais Lauren Interview


- The Redford Club prides itself on style. How would you describe your musical style? 
                 
                   I would describe musical style as a mixture of R&B and Hip-hop with sprinkles of many other genres

 - The remix of "Tatted Up" from your project "Beauty & The Beat" was very well received. How did the record come about and what was the inspiration for the subject matter? 

My inspiration really came from seeing so many handsome men that were tatted up so I decided to make sort of an ode to them and an anthem for the ladies especially since most songs about tattoos have been done from a male prospective.


 - You did a great job sampling Daft Punk's "Something About Us" and turning it into a certified R&B slow jam. Do you listen to a lot of music outside of the Hip-Hop/R&B Realm? 

                  Thank you, Yes..I actually love all kinds of music. Daft Punk is band I actually enjoy and listen to I also listen to other artist like Nirvana, Weezer, Nickel back, No doubt and the list goes on. I don’t discriminate against good music.


 - What is the most personal record from the "Beauty & The Beat" project? How much of the content from your songs come from personal experience? 
                 
          I would say at least 90% of my music comes from some sort of personal experience or feeling in my life. My most personal song on BTB is a song called “ A Million Dollars” the song is basically about removing yourself from a bad situation/relationship and how not even a million dollars could make you  want to go back to that situation. The lyrics are so personal to me and the beat just moves me in so many ways


 - When can people expect videos for tracks on "Beauty and The Beat"?
     
                  Yes I am currently working on getting all my visuals done before the end of the year.


- On your YouTube Channel you cover and reinterpret songs like Raphael Saadiq's "Good Man" and Mobb Deep's "Thug Muzik". How important is it for you to put your own spin (conceptually/vocally) on cover songs?
                            
 Its very important to me, I feel like I hear so many songs from a male prospective that I enjoy but there not exactly relatable to me so I like to flip them for the ladies that we can show our point of view as well. 


- You've collaborated with rappers like Blink and Young Bruus. Who are the top 5 artists you'd like to collaborate with? 
                                     There’s so many but my top’s would be Nas, Mariah Carey, Lauryn Hill, Gwen Stefani & Cool Kids. Pretty Random list.


- Can people expect any more remixes from "Beauty & The Beat"? 
                   
                  There’s a great possibility I plan on paying with a few Ideas.


- Since "Beauty" plays a prominent role in the title of your project, what does "Beauty" mean to you? 

                  Beauty can be so many things to me not just the a from physical aspect, music is beauty so is a creative mind.

  - When can people expect a follow up to "Beauty and The Beat"? 
                                   
                  My next release will be an EP which I plan on releasing sometime late next year, Id like to get most of the writing done before the end of the year and then just focus on sound and production in the new year. I’m excited already it’s going to be big!

No comments:

Post a Comment